Nothing else like it

May 14, 2005 by

If you could change anything, what would you most like to change?

(use the comment button below to answer)

This is a question I use in interviews. I have been hiring people for 25 years, and this one question gives me more insight than any other question. Go with your first answer and dont let other peoples responses sway you.

Stop, breathe… exhale… relax…
Take a moment to find your answer.

Take another deep breath, and type in your first thought.

Comments

13 Responses to “Nothing else like it”
  1. Michyrj says:

I would change my confidence

2. 6packretail says:

I would like to be able to be in charge of my mind and facilitate the same for others

3. 6packretail says:

I would like to be in charge of my mind and help others to do the same.

4. Beth Danae says:

I would reverse any physical/sexual abuse any child has ever experienced.

Or, I would change the fact that I could only change one thing, thus allowing me to change much more.

5. zannierose says:

right this moment I would change ‘not knowing’ into ‘knowing how to’ record/create my own audio CD’S/mp3′s etc
    why do I want to do this?
    to create a passive income while raising consciousness
    Zannie Rose

6. Danno says:

I would like to change the sound of my voice. Because of the pitch and lack of volume I’m readily ignored or overlooked. My good ideas are frequently either missed or attribuited to someone else. It’s very frustrating!

7. JiN says:

I wouldn’t change a thing, ….. everything is perfect just the way that it is…..

8. lardburger says:

I’d like to be more perceptive (broader scope and greater clarity of percetpion) and more skillful in interpreting what I perceive. That is, I’d like to see better and know better what I’m seeing—from many points of view.

9. HypnoBob says:

I would change myself, since this is the only realistic thing I can change. I would make myself limit the time I spend on the internet, and spend more time being productive. I have a book to finish, or rather update for the 2005 seventh edition, and I consistantly find myself drawn to the Hypno site, or Hypno related reading or listening. Blog? sounds like “Blah-bla-bla.” What is BLOG? Nice Q & A type discussion though. Lets people express their thoughts. “Change myself,” that’s my final answer. Now, what do I win?

10. Paula says:

Why do you think asking this question is useful in doing interviews?

11. Wendi Friesen says:

The question is open ended, so I cant tell you if it means you or the world. You will have to answer in your own way, with whatever you feel is the best answer for you….

;)

12. Pandabonium says:

If I could change anything, I would become more patient, or perhaps I should say tolerant of people with whom I disagree, especially those people I care most about.

13. Automatt says:

Do you mean about oneself, or about the world?